Saturday, August 8, 2009

Bob 5 (Is love a want or a need?)

Is love a want or a need?

Us girls seem to be settling on for anything, these days. Where'd our dignity go? Is it cause due to media and what they perceive as love, we want it more than ever now? I feel like, love is not a want anymore, its a need. I mean sometimes I try to make myself believe that I can wait till I get married and fall in love again. However when you watch shows like Sex and the City, Gossip Girl, Lipstick Jungle and so on, you want the love that they have. And I always tend to change my mind, especially at nights, when I'm all alone and I miss that person that stayed up with me and made me feel so special. Once you had a small bit of the cake, you wanna go back for more. Sometimes I believe it's better never taste it, then to get a tiny piece of it. You just always keep going back to the time where it tasted so good. 

It's so hard to find that person, that person that'll satisfy you. I feel like it's so much easier for people around me to find someone they like these days and it's much harder for me. I can't seem to find that guy, that one guy, that's everything I ever wanted. Maybe I just have high expectations and no guy can really reach them. Then what am I suppose to do, have less expectations and take what I can get? 


5 comments:

Esoteric said...

What you said is right, I guess. I mean these days, we'll fall inlove someday but I feel it's a need at times. Like when you said when watching these shows, I change my mind too.
Hmm, this post got me thinking...I think it's a need nowadays...
Haha, between, I love your Bob's :) Love you more though ;*

Lilo said...

Yes, those tv shows do tend to mess with our heads a little *sigh* I totally get what you said about that person that used to stay up with you.. I still get a little weird around 2am-ish and after, you can't help but think that this used to be your time and stuff, I keep checking my phone waiting for a phone call then I remember that that ship has sailed -.-
I don't think you should lower your expectations, when you meet that 'special person', they should care enough to strive to meet up t
o them, no? Yes it's going to be hard to find that person but that's what makes them so special, besides that way, we don't end up taking them for granted? Yes? Make sense?
I don't know what I'm saying, I typed up a comment 5 times and it kept disappearing -.- I'm sure my original comment was veeery much different than this one!

Aphrodite said...

This post somehow reminded me of that cheesecake we have fro time to time:P its AMAZING the first time, but its good the second..
so yeah if u think about it and im talking about OUR brain like ur brain and mine...its a want and need..and nothings like the first time,huh?? i hope u understand esh 5arba6tlch:P

Glowing Aura said...

oh no no missy you dont lower those expectations at all no matter how tempting those god damn love stories get !! i mean yes once a while you lust for that piece of cake but let me tell you sumthing it just another pound on that scale ...ya3ni another heart ache another lovey dovey tale for us to enjoy for a while nd then befoer you know it ...your diving into the bucket of ice-cream sobbing on how did you even think it would work out in the first place...i am starting to question if love even exist these days !!
its just us girls bieng simply curious of how is it going to feel like to fall in love every single time nd holding on to those fake threads hoping this one might be better than the other ..* rolling eyes * typicall

am just talking generally about girls not anything i went through i mean with me it has been a whole cake dint even go for a taste :Pi shove it right through the dumbster ...please save me the loads of crap it aint tasty its bullshit ..!and BTW single life rocks women !! what happend to the single club and dignity ?? sighs ...
salute the olden days huh..

The Girl said...

@Sunset:

Yeah I totally feel the same as you do. I sometimes think that love controls us and that's not a good tbhing. I love you way more :*:*:* and thank you :D

@Lilo said...

I miss the days when I had someone to talk to and flirt, but I guess now is better somehow. sigh.

It's hard to find someone who's better than the person you already had. It's like you got used to something and it's hard to change that routine.
Hahaha, wallah I love you!! :*:*

@Aphrodite:
hahaha, LOVE THE METAPHOR! :p

Ana kil kilma te6la3 mnnich afhmha oo no9. :*:*

@Glowing Aura:

Love what you said about how once you have a piece of the cake its another pound on the scale, so true!

I agree with everything you said 100% and I too sometimes wonder if this love that's being adveristed through the media does exist. =/

Yeah single life is great, I mean I'm loving it these days, its soo less stressful. I don't have to think when why hasn't he msged me or whatever crap that girls usually analyze. sighs.

:*