Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Bob 7 (Why do we let guys affect us so much?)

I was watching an episode from Sex and The City for over the 3rd time maybe? I can never get bored of the show. Point it is, Miranda the red head said something that made me think.

"We can feel totally good about our-selves.....and then it all goes out the window if the guy doesn't mirror it back to us."

That really made me question myself, how many times have I let a guy bring down my self esteem? And if so, why do I let a guy have that much influence on me? I'm not saying all girls let guys affect them that much, but most girls do. I, myself gave the advantage to a guy once, and I made him control how my day would be, if he was all nice to me and gave me a small bite of his attention, I'd be in the best mood ever! Hyper, happy, smiley, funny and so on. But there would be the days, which were most days, where he didn't give me much interest, now god forbid someone would talk to me, I'd be all moody, depressed, sad, mad you name it. It took me ages to realize that the guy didn't care about me as much as I did for him and it made me real sad, but why? Why can't we be like men and couldn't careless, why do we have to go and say "oh I bet it cause I looked really bad today", "He doesn't like girls like me, no guy is ever interested in me." or "I'm really ugly that's why he's not interested."

Why should we feel bad about who we are, just because one guy is not interetsed. We should face the fact, that not every guy in the small world we live in will be interested in us, and we shouldn't blame ourselves for that, it'a probably because were just not his type. It's normal. Us girls need to feel good about ourselves and not let anyone take that from us.

5 comments:

Aphrodite said...

This bob reminded me of a video Heroine and I were watching the other day. The guy was good looking compared to her y3ni and his head wudnt let go of her neck mayet 3aleha:p and law u see her btgoleen el 7mdallah wel shiker 3ala shakly. My point is ena its true and I agree with u,its not u its him. O fel a5eer its his loss so BAM in yo faaa-ah-ah-ay-ce beyaatch ;p k love u n yaay first!;*

M said...

That's so true, girls always do that! A mean word from a guy you love can make you feel ugly and worthless even if you were the most beautiful girl on earth.. I dont know why we give them so much power.. hmm..

The Girl said...

@Aphrodite:

Yeah, some girls forget how great they are and lose their selves when a guy is not interetsed. sighs.

Love u :*

@M:

Yeah, cause again unlike guys we take everything so personally. sighs.

We should have more control on what affects us and whatnot.

And no matter how much we love the guy, a girl should never forget how great she is.

❛❛Heroine❜❜ said...

La, 3ala 7asab el bint etha t3arf nafs'ha klmat elrayal mat2thr feeeha mafroo'9 el3aaaks klmat'ha hy elt'hza ;p

Sylar said...

Hi I just came across your blog, I'd like to make a long reply but I'm kind of tired due to browing a lot of blogs today.

I'll just say this, you're so wrong.

It's you girls who control us.

We let you mess with our heads to the degree where we enter into a long period of depression.

Most guys act like jerks/careless towards women because that's their shield against women, the feelings of inadequacy are amplified tenfold in a guy because we are not as equipped as women are when it comes to our emotions with the opposite gender.

Bah it's hard to explain what I'm trying to say.